There are many options that a company can utilize to make sure their business property is secure. Whether it is a small business or a large organization, security is the top priority for every business owner. A master key system is one of the most effective ways to provide extra security for a business facility.
A master key system provides multilayered security levels for a business property and complete accessibility for the business owner. For business owners who consider privacy and security as top concerns, installing a master key system is a non-negotiable factor. In this blog, we will detail the importance of a master key system for a business.
What is a master key system?
A master key system is a smart and scalable option with high-security locks for business facilities and similar establishments. It is a mechanical access system in which a single key can open different locks within a building. This system is customizable and can be changed according to the locksmith services required for your facility.
- Great grandmaster key – This key works as a super-master key that can open all keys under a particular system. This key can be used to unlock the grandmaster, master, and individual keys.
- Grandmaster key – This key can unlock multiple master keys that are in separate groups, with the master key only operating within its own group. This group can be either a department within a company or a separate section of a building.
- Master key – Using a master key, you can lock and unlock different locks within a group that uses different individual keys.
- Sub–master key – This is also referred to as change keys. These keys work as a normal key that can be used to open only one lock. However, the lock of this change key can be opened by a master key.
Basically, the master key system enables you to have two or more keys to open a single lock. This is a very secure keying solution that leverages a pin-and-tumbler design at its core. In other words, selected keys are configured to open a set of locks. The locks in the pin and tumbler system have a driver pin and a key pin that are set at different levels depending on the key. The opening pins are lifted when the correct key is inserted.
The benefits of a master key system
If you want to optimize your business property’s privacy and security, then a master key system is the right option. There are numerous benefits of using a master key system for businesses. Listed below are a few advantages of investing in this smart solution.
- Improved security
By installing a master key system, it becomes easier to separate restricted and unrestricted areas for your staff. You can restrict people from getting access to places where official documents or valuable assets are stored, or servers are installed. Therefore, you can ensure advanced security using a master key system.
- Better efficiency
When there is a well-configured master key system in place, you can provide employees access to areas they need to go. They will not have to disturb you or anytime they need access to specific departments or sections of a building. Subsequently, this will help to improve workplace productivity.
- Added convenience
As the business owner, you can have full access to all commercial building sections with a single grand master key. A commercial locksmith will have the expertise to install a master key system for your business.
- Customizable and scalable
A master key system allows you to scale your locking system as your business grows. There are mechanical and electrical master key systems that can be adapted to your business needs. Since the system is fully customizable, you can be ensured of better security and efficiency.
- Better control
If you are a commercial building owner, you need to have unlimited access to the property. However, you can provide master keys to a trusted manager or executive staff. Without your permission, these keys cannot be duplicated.
Who should use a master key system?
Wondering whether you need a master key system? A master key system is an ideal option for all types of commercial buildings, and certain businesses should install it. Here are the types of companies that can gain added security from a master key system.
- Medical facility – With multiple employees, different types of records, tools, and machines, a master key system is essential for businesses in the medical sector.
- Educational institution – A master key system lets the head of the institution have access to every room in the school, and staff can have the keys to classes only.
- Bank – With security being important, master key systems are essential for banks with multiple offices, lock rooms, and safes.
- Warehouses – A master key system enables storage facilities to have a high-security lock system while the business owner will have entry to all facility doors.
Your search for a reliable locksmith ends here!
Are you searching for a ‘locksmith near me’ in the greater Washington DC area? Then give us a call. The mobile locksmiths at MacArthur Locks & Doors can quickly reach your property to provide locksmith services. We have highly-skilled technicians offering residential locksmith services and commercial locksmith services in and around Washington DC, including Arlington VA, Alexandria VA, Chevy Chase MD, and Bethesda MD. All our technicians are fully licensed, bonded, and insured for providing all types of locksmith services.
We offer affordable and customized solutions when installing a master key system. If you have any issues with your current master key lock systems, do not hesitate to call us. Our emergency locksmith is just a call away to give you quick and reliable service.
To learn more about master key systems, get in touch with our expert locksmiths today!